Instagram is the most visual platform, made for strictly sharing photos and videos. The platform has gained a lot of traction due to the rising trend of mobile-photography. It has also become a great marketing tool for businesses of all sizes. While a majority of users tend to follow businesses, the channel presents the perfect opportunity to put your creative skills to work and tell your brand’s story visually. So have fun with it and don’t be afraid to try new things!
- 600 Million active monthly users
- 78 Million active monthly users in the U.S.
- 32% of internet users use Instagram
- 59% of adults 18-29 use Instagram
- 70.7% of brands are expected to be on Instagram in 2017
- 75% of Instagram users take action – visit a website
- 952 Million photos and videos are shared per day
- 70% of Instagrammers follow a business on Instagram
- 33% of marketers are joining Instagram within the next year
TIPS FOR INSTAGRAM
- Hashtags are also popular on Instagram and can increase your exposure and engagement. Think of a hashtag to use for your own business and use it with all of your posts to help expose your profile. Encourage tenants to use your hashtags or use popular tags you see!
- Take advantage of Instagram’s tagging features. This includes both the location and profile tagging. When showcasing properties, location tagging is a simple way to show their location.
- When posting a photo of a resident or owner, give them a shout out by tagging their profile! It’s a great way to include them, plus everyone appreciates a moment in the spotlight!
- If you are showing your vacant units - make sure your photos are great quality, tasteful and appealing! For tips on how to take great photos of your properties, check out our guide, Take Amazing Property Photos with Your Phone.
BONUS: APPS FOR PHOTO EDITING
- You don’t have to hire a professional photographer to have great photos. VSCO (iOS/Android) is a fun app that allows you to edit photos and apply filters.
- Boomerang (iOS/Android) is a fun video app that loops short videos forward and backwards.
- Layout (iOS/Android) is another photo editing app that allows you to create picture collages
CONTENT IDEAS FOR INSTAGRAM
- Share behind-the-scenes photos of employees working on a specific project or volunteering for a local charity.
- Share photos of properties, apartment amenities and community events.
- Share photos of local destinations, dining, events and new stores and become a source for sharing all things local! Your local businesses will appreciate it!
- Consider running photo contests to interact with your tenants and build community. Ideas include a cutest pet photo contest, holiday decorations or interior design. Create a hashtag and have your tenants use it to find entries!
- Share photos of property events—from a summer pool party to bake-off—and show how much fun it is to live on your property.
SPENDING MONEY ON INSTAGRAM
Paid advertising is possible on Instagram, but not many property managers will run a year-round promotion. The opportunity is worth exploring when trying to fill vacant units and attract new tenants—particularly if you have many similar vacancies at once.